How to Buy and Sell
Use our left bids page HERE.
Alternatively, you may Contact Us via email.
Be sure to include
- Your name:
- Phone number:
- Item number(s):
- Item description(s):
- Bid amount:
- If you wish to allow Overbids (yes/no) - We will assume 'no' unless otherwise stated.
If you are leaving a phone bid please be very specific about which phone number you would like us to use.
HOW TO SELL
Our commitment to you: Friendly on time consigning service, before, during and after, we can help make moving or downsizing easy and hassle free. Just call or E- mail us for more details
We offer free no obligation proposals. We can meet with you at your convenience and will propose a few different options including selling on commission or buying items outright.
If you would like for us to look at items via email please be sure to include photos, a brief description and any information you may have regarding the items.
We expect that our commission rates will be very competitive but if for some reason our competition comes in at a few percentage points below us, please keep in mind that we will be spending at least double and in some cases up to five times what anyone else will spend in advertising and promotion for your items. Our advertising expenditures always have and will far exceed that of our competition. We do this in order to generate the highest dollar possible for you, our client.
We run all sales on three internet live bidding sites Artfact Live, Invaluable (based in Europe) and AuctionZip simultaneously. Every item in our sale and of yours will be fully described, photographed and listed on all three live bidding sites. Our Saturday morning auctions have more than two thousand four hundred (2,400) registered bidders on those sites alone including more than fifty-seven (57) countries. We also will have seventy five (75) to one hundred and fifty (150) registered bidders in the room, on the phones and leaving bids.
Our important auction on January 1, 2013 we had 2,989 bidders registered in the room, for left bids, phone bids and online bids. We had 1,874 live and left bids online. This far exceeds what any other auction house in Connecticut can boast.
Nadeau's Auction Gallery, Inc. has been in operation for thirty (30) years with the owner and auctioneer being myself, Edwin J. Nadeau, Jr. For the past forty-two (42) years, I have been in the antique and auction business and now operate one of southern New England's largest auction galleries. We have conducted many specialty and general sales including jewelry, fine furniture, objects of art and estate sales.
Our facility is located just three (3) minutes from Hartford center off Route 91 North, exit 34. We are by far the most accessible auction house in Connecticut from North, South, East and West. We are approximately five (5) minutes by car from the Amtrak station and approximately fifteen (15) minutes by car from Bradley International Airport. Our seating capacity is for over 400 plus standing room for another 200 people. Therefore, in that respect we have the largest facility available.
Nadeau's Auction Gallery Inc. is fully alarmed to prevent fire and burglary and is equipped with 2 large safes for storage of valuables. We have a state of the art camera security system that includes 16 cameras throughout the building. We also have the most advanced computer system in Connecticut, which includes a complete inventory-tracking program, and complete auction process.
References are available upon request.
HOW TO BUY:
When you are interested in buying quality items for your home or to invest in an area that has one of the highest returns, antiques and fine art, the most exciting way to buy at the right price is by attending an auction.
You may just want to come in, sit down, watch and enjoy for your first experience at an auction.
If you want to participate but can not do so in person we will be more than happy to execute bids on your behalf or to call you during the sale so that you may participate live on the phone from the comfort of your home.
As Dealer's and Retail Clientele know Nadeau's is the premier destination auction house in Connecticut. We offer more quality merchandise than any other Connecticut auction. If there is something you are looking for you are sure to find it with us.
If you would like to participate, some things to consider are:
1. To register to bid, simply go to the office window with your driver’s license and have our office personnel enter your name and information into our computer system. Once your name is entered into the system, you will receive a bidder number. All you will need to do at future auctions is go to the window and give your name to get a bidder number.
2. You will need to register to bid at each auction and get a bidder number.
3. You should view the merchandise and decide what you are interested in buying, expert advice is always available and we welcome any questions you may have. During the preview you will have the opportunity to handle the objects you are interested in. If you need any assistance please do not hesitate to ask.
4. Once you preview the items you are interested in, you should decide how much you would like to pay for each of those items. If you don’t have any idea of the items value, the auctioneer would be happy to give you a conservative opinion of the value of the merchandise.
5. When the auction is about to begin and everybody is seated, understand that the items may sell very quickly, sometimes 80-125 items per hour, for this reason we suggest you always preview items before hand and decide ahead of time what you would like to pay. Don’t be intimidated by the speed of the selling. You will find it to be an exciting experience and may become a “regular”.
6. After enjoying some of the fast paced action and once you have purchased what you have come for, whenever you are ready to leave, go to the office window with your bidder number and the office assistants will give you a computer generated bill. We accept cash, MasterCard, Visa, Connecticut in-state checks and out of state checks with prior approval. After paying, you may drive to the loading area, give the paid bill to our associates and they will retrieve the items you have purchased for you and assist you in loading your items into your vehicle or, you may make arrangements for delivery.
Remember, if you find an item you like, whenever possible, make the purchase because you may not be able to find the same item again for some time. Each auction is different and has completely different merchandise, sometimes a once in a lifetime item will come through the auction.
The best thing about buying merchandise at auction, at a reasonable price, is that you can always use the items for a few months or years and decide to change or upgrade without losing most (70% to 90%) of your investment as you would if the merchandise was purchased new at retail prices. Many times you can sell your merchandise at a future date and make money.
Bidding on items indicates acceptance of the following:
1. A BUYER'S PREMIUM WILL BE ADDED TO THE HAMMER PRICE OF EACH LOT: The buyer's premium is 18% of the final bid (A discount of 3% will be offered for those customers choosing to pay with cash or known check).
***PLEASE NOTE SOME SPECIALTY SALES WILL HAVE DIFFERENT BUYERS PREMIUMS. PLEASE CHECK WITH US DIRECTLY REGARDING THE EXACT BUYERS PREMIUM FOR THE AUCTION YOU ARE INTERESTED IN.
860-246-2444 | 860-524-8666
2. ALL PROPERTY IS SOLD "AS IS", AND NEITHER THE AUCTIONEER NOR CONSIGNOR MAKES ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CORRECTNESS, NOR DEEMED TO HAVE MADE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, OR DESCRIPTION, GENUINENESS, AUTHORSHIP, ATTRIBUTION, PROVENANCE, PERIOD, CULTURE, SOURCE, ORIGIN, OR CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY AND NO STATEMENT MADE AT THE SALE, OR IN THE BILL OF SALE, OR ELSEWHERE SHALL BE DEEMED SUCH A WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OR ASSUMPTION OF LIABILITY. NADEAU'S DOES NOT GUARANTEE AUTHORSHIP OR SIGNATURES OF PAINTINGS. RETURNS ARE NOT ACCEPTED. PLEASE ASK ALL QUESTIONS PRIOR TO BIDDING. DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS AND PHOTOS ARE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE.
3. THE HIGHEST BIDDER AS DETERMINED BY THE AUCTIONEER SHALL BE THE PURCHASER. IN THE CASE OF A DISPUTED BID, THE AUCTIONEER SHALL HAVE SOLE DISCRETION IN DETERMINING THE PURCHASER.
4. ALL MERCHANDISE PURCHASED MUST BE PAID FOR AND REMOVED FROM THE PREMISES THE DAY OF THE AUCTION, UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE WITH THE AUCTIONEER. ANY ITEMS LEFT ON OUR PREMISES FOR MORE THAN ONE WEEK WILL BE RESOLD TO COVER THE COST OF STORAGE WHICH IS $50.00 PER WEEK PER ITEM.
5. PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTABLE ONLY IF CREDIT HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED WITH NADEAU'S, OR IF A BANK AUTHORIZATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED GUARANTEEING A PERSONAL CHECK. NADEAU'S RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HOLD MERCHANDISE PURCHASED BY PERSONAL CHECK UNTIL THE CHECK HAS CLEARED THE BANK, IF SUCH ACTION IS DEEMED NECESSARY TO PROTECT IT'S INTEREST. MAKERS OF BAD CHECKS WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
6. ALL PURCHASES ARE SUBJECT TO THE CONNECTICUT 6.35% SALES TAX UNLESS THE PURCHASER POSSESSES A SALES TAX EXEMPTION NUMBER.
7. BIDDING ON ANY ARTICLE(S) INDICATES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
8. ALL PAINTINGS ARE MEASURED BY SIGHT SIZE. ALL WEIGHTS & MEASURES ARE APPROXIMATE.
9. AUCTIONEER SHALL HAVE SOLE DISCRETION ON WHEN ANY ITEM MAY BE SOLD OR RE-SOLD AT ANY TIME DURING OR AFTER ANY AUCTION.
NADEAU'S AUCTION GALLERY, INC.
25 MEADOW RD. – WINDSOR, CT 06095
ONE OF CONNECTICUT'S LARGEST ESTATE & FINE ART